Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Introduction to the Association Post

This blog is about a defunct baseball simulation league that I have revived for my own amusement. The league was originally called the 'London League of Professional Baseball', because I was living in London, England, at the time.

The first season of the league, 2002, used the Strat-O-Matic computer baseball game. For 2003 and 2004 the Diamond Mind Baseball computer game was used.

Originally, I had a partner who played one of the teams, but he dropped out towards the end of the 2004 season, which was when I set up an original version of this blog, now deleted. We used a centralized system of simulating games except for the 2004 season, when he played all the games of his own team. We drafted players to our own teams, while the other teams were initially drafted by the computer. Gradually I developed personalities for each of the teams and began drafting players that fit the parameters of these.

The league, and this blog are now being re-launched picking up where I left off with the 2005 season using the Diamond Mind baseball game. (A 2005 season using Strat-O-Matic was quick-played, but I have decided that that one doesn't count.)

No comments: